Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Air Force Academy

Last post 11-08-2006, 10:00 AM by USAFAco11. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-30-2006, 12:44 PM 3572

Air Force Academy

Hi, I am just going in to the High School as a freshman. I want to be a fighter pilot by going through th Air Force Academy to become an officer. I meet all the requirements to be a pilot except my eye defraction. I have a  - 6.00. I have heard about the waivers though. I play football, sometimes basketball, and I am usually in the weightroom a bit in my school to. I usually get a 3.94 GPA average. I have wanted to be a pilot since I can remember. I am going to join the civil air patrol as soon as the school years starts and I am also taking pilot lessons. My grandpa was a fighter pilot in WW2 and was shot down twice but still managed to get up and fight again and live through WW2. He died four months ago. He had a distinguished Flying Cross and a Purple Heart. He gave me my most priced possesion today though, his wings. I feel not only that I want to be a fighter pilot, but I also feel it is my duty. Some other thinks I do are German, I am currently in German 1, and run. What do you think my chances are of getting waivered for my eyes to become a fighter pilot?

-Thanks

•  11-08-2006, 10:00 AM 3713 in reply to 3572

Re: Air Force Academy

I don't know about getting a waiver too much for the eye defraction, however I can tell you that you should only concern yourself with getting into the Academy.  When you are in the application process, you will go through a medical exam at which point they will tell you if you are potentially pilot qualified or not.

View as RSS news feed in XML